Monday, January 30, 2012

a few dinners


I haven't exactly been drinking as much water as I would like to.  Today I decided to leave a pitcher of water on the counter to get a better handle on it.  I feel like I've had a ton, but still haven't made it through my half-gallon.  That probably means I should keep the pitcher idea going.




Tonight for dinner was one of our regulars: Chicken Casserole.  To my dismay, I'm not sure where this one even came from.  It's easy.  It's delicious.  Win.
The recipe can be found below.  I served it with lima beans, which I'm not a huge fan of but they also don't make me gag. :)  I seasoned them with Nature's Seasons (which we put on most everything) and butter.  They were better than usual, so all in all dinner went over very well tonight!

Tomorrow's plan is roast.


Wednesday I'm trying a new recipe that Andrea recommended after finding it on Pinterest:  crock-pot salsa chicken.  She said it went over well at her house, so it's on the menu for us now too.  On the blog with the recipe it also gives a recipe for making your own taco seasoning.  Since packaged taco seasoning gives me positively rancid indigestion, I decided to make some and see if that helps. :)  I'll let you know how that works out...






Just something fun to show you...
They were playing together and both smiled at the camera at the same time!  
Love that!




Chicken Casserole
4-5 chicken breasts (boiled, cut into cubes)
2 cans cream of chicken soup (Tonight I discovered that I didn't have 2 cans of cream of chicken, so I used 1 cream of chicken and 1 cream of celery.  It was fantastic!  I may start doing this every time!)
1 cup sour cream
2 packages Ritz crackers
1 stick butter (melted)
salt & pepper (or if you live at my house that means Nature's Seasons)


Boil chicken, cut into cubes, lay on the bottom of baking dish.
Mix cream of chicken soup and sour cream, add seasoning if desired.
Spread on top of chicken.
Crush crackers and sprinkle over top of everything.
Melt butter and pour over crackers.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment